- The Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) has been accorded the best innovation award in Indian Railways for the 2018-19 fiscal year.
- NFR implemented a unique plan called “Project Bee” to save elephants from meeting accidental deaths in railway tracks.
- It is an amplifying system imitating the buzz of a swarm of honey bees to keep wild elephants away from railway tracks.
- The headquarters of NFR is at Maligaon, Guwahati in the state of Assam.
- It is responsible for rail operations in the entire Northeast India and parts of West Bengal and Bihar.