- Two projects of West Bengal Government, “Utkarsh Bangla” and “Sabooj Sathi” have won the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) awards under the aegis of the United Nations.
- WSIS Prizes is an international contest to recognise individuals, governments and private bodies for implementing development-oriented strategies by leveraging the power of information and communication technology.
- The contest was first held in 2012.
- It got the topmost award and emerged a winner in Capacity Building category.
- It is a project for skill development training for increasing employment opportunities for 6 lakh youth every year.
- It ranked in the first five as a champion project under ICT application: E-Government category.
- Under it, nearly 1 Crore bicycles have been provided to school going students in classes IX to XII.