Cheetah Project Steering Committee
June 1 , 2023
- The Centre has set up yet high-level panel of national and international experts to oversee and monitor the ambitious Project Cheetah in India.
- This step has taken after the death of six cheetahs, including three newborn cubs, at the Kuno National Park (KNP) in Madhya Pradesh.
- The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) has constituted this Committee with 11 members.
- The Committee will be chaired by Rajesh Gopal (former member secretary of the NTCA and currently with the Global Tiger Forum).
- In October last year, the ministry had constituted a “Cheetah Task Force” to monitor India’s cheetah introduction programme.