Coal Power Plants Top the EU Emitters List
May 27 , 2023
- Global energy think tank Ember released a report titled ‘Repeat offenders: coal power plants top the EU emitters list’.
- The ten largest emitters in the European Union Emissions Trading System in 2022 were all coal plants.
- Germany and Poland dominating the list.
- However, the long-term trend of coal power emissions shows a decline.
- The values in 2022 40 per cent lower than a decade ago.
- Coal power emissions rose 6 per cent compared to 2021, but remained below 2019 levels.