Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare - November 30
November 30 , 2022
- This day remembers the victims of chemical warfare and affirms the Organization of the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons’ commitment to the cause
- Also, it aims at promoting the goals of peace, security, and multilateralism.
- The day is officially recognised by the United Nations (UN) and has been observed since 2005.
- Earlier, April 29 was chosen as the date for the event's celebration because the Chemical Weapons Convention entered into force on that day in 1997.
- Meanwhile, April 29 was designated "International Day for the Foundation of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons" instead.
- The date was changed to November 30 at the 20th COP to the Chemical Weapons Convention in 2015.