June 6 , 2023
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) notified E-Appeals Scheme, 2023.
- This will speed up hearing of appeals in I-T matters.
- Under the Faceless Appeal Scheme, all communication between the appellate commissioner and the taxpayer are routed through the National Faceless Appeal Centre (NFAC).
- Under the E-Appeals Scheme, the communication between the Joint Commissioner of Income-Tax (Appeals) and the taxpayer is via the portal.
- But it is direct as the NFAC is not involved.
- This will result in speedy flow of communication and should reduce the time gap in disposal of appeals.