Global Greenhouse Gas Watch (G3W)
May 29 , 2023
- The World Meteorological Congress has approved a new greenhouse gas (GHG) monitoring initiative in a landmark decision.
- Global Greenhouse Gas Watch (G3W) is an initiative coordinated by World Meteorological Organisation (WMO).
- G3W aims to establish internationally coordinated monitoring of greenhouse gas fluxes (top-down) to support the provision of the UNFCCC parties and other stakeholders.
- The new global GHG watch will fill critical information gaps and provide an integrated and operational framework.
- The system will provide sustained delivery of monthly global estimates of net GHG fluxes into and out of the atmosphere at a 100 by 100 km resolution.