Global Plan of Action for the Health of Indigenous People
June 4 , 2023
- World Health Organization accepted a draft resolution that proposed developing a Global Plan of Action for the Health of Indigenous People.
- The world presently has 476 million indigenous people across the world in about 90 countries, according to the United Nations.
- They speak 7,000 languages and come from 500 different cultures.
- The life expectancy of indigenous people is 20 years lower than that of an average person.
- The 194 member states were urged to develop a collection of ethical data to identify specific requirements of indigenous people and fill in the gaps.