Handbook on Fisheries Statistics – 2018
September 21 , 2019
- The Handbook on Fisheries Statistics - 2018 has been published by the Department of Fisheries of Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Government of India.
- The last (12th edition of) Handbook was published in 2014.
- India is currently world’s second largest producers of fish.
- It is also world number two in aquaculture production as well as in inland capture fisheries.
- Andhra Pradesh has recorded the highest production of inland fish (34.50 lakh tones)
- Gujarat is the leading state in Marine fish (7.01 Lakh tonnes) in the country.