Hunger Funding Gap Report 2023
March 21 , 2023
- A report titled “2023 Hunger Funding Gap Report: What’s Needed to Stop the Global Hunger Crisis” was released recently by Action Against Hunger.
- According to this report, countries facing intense hunger crises received lesser hunger funding than the countries that have comparatively lesser hunger crises.
- The report noted a hunger funding gap of 53%. In 2022.
- Only 3 per cent of hunger programme needs were fully funded.
- Around 65 per cent of appeals were not fulfilled even to a halfway point.
- 47% of the global hunger needs are met through UN funds.
- Thus, the Hunger Funding Gap stands at 53%.
- 828 million people were affected by hunger in 2021.
- This is 46 million people more than the year earlier and 150 million more from 2019.
- It requires 4 billion USD to stop the hunger crisis in the world.
- Mozambique and Kenya received 32% higher funding than Afghanistan and Haiti.