Indian Organ Donation Day - November 27
November 30 , 2022
- Until 2021, the Indian Organ Donation Day was observed on November 27.
- NOTTO (National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization) has announced that July will be observed as an organ donation month in India.
- Indian Organ Donation Day will be celebrated on August 3.
- August 3 is chosen to commemorate the first successful deceased heart transplant in India on August 3, 1994.
- The aim of this day is to motivate pupil to pledge to donate organs after death, and to spread awareness about the importance of organ donation.
- August 13th is celebrated as World Organ Donation Day.