May 10 , 2023
- SEBI introduced Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) system for issuers that have listed or planning to list non-convertible securities, securitised debt instruments and security receipts.
- LEI is a unique global identifier for legal entities participating in financial transactions.
- It is designed to create a global reference data system that uniquely identifies every legal entity, in any jurisdiction, that is party to a financial transaction.
- It is a unique 20-character code to identify legally distinct entities that engage in financial transactions.
- Presently, RBI mandates non-individual borrowers having aggregate exposure of above Rs 25 crore to obtain LEI code.