National Engineer's Day 2023 - September 15
September 17 , 2023
- This day serves as a tribute to Visvesvaraya's legacy and acknowledges the contributions made by engineers to India's growth and development.
- It commemorates the birth anniversary of Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya.
- Sir Visvesvaraya was a pioneer who significantly influenced the growth of India's infrastructure.
- He was instrumental in the development of dams, irrigation networks and other projects.
- He is also known as the Father of Engineering in India.
- He served as the 19th Diwan of Mysore from 1912 to 1918.
- He is known as the ‘maker of modern Mysore’.
- The theme for 2023 is 'Engineering for a sustainable future'.