National Epilepsy Day 2023 - November 17
November 20 , 2023
- It aims to raise awareness around epilepsy and also its impact on people, families and the society.
- The day was first observed by the Epilepsy Foundation of India and was established by Dr Nirmal Surya.
- A persistent brain illness called epilepsy is marked by periodic "fits" or "seizures."
- Around 50 million people worldwide are affected by epilepsy.
- And India accounts for nearly 10-20 percent (5-10 million) of the global burden of epilepsy.