National Programme on ACC Energy storage
September 21 , 2022
- NITI Aayog presented a report on the current status and future trends in the ACC battery sector.
- The report emphasises the potential role of the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme on ACC energy storage in creating domestic economic value.
- The policies and incentives recommended in this report could pave the way for top-level battery manufacturers to invest in India.
- Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises is the nodal ministry for National Programme on Advanced Chemistry Cell (ACC) Energy storage.
- The manufacturing of ACCs will facilitate production and use of Electric Vehicles.