April 1 , 2020
- The USA renewed four nuclear restrictions imposed on Iran.
- The restrictions were imposed to prevent Iran from building its nuclear programme.
- Sanctions and hinderances to trade in Iran will affect India’s oil imports greatly.
- It also affects India’s plan to reach Central Asia thorugh Iran by developing Iran’s Chabhar Port.
- The USA and Iran signed Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action that aimed at curbing nuclear programme of Iran in 2015.
- Under the deal, most of Iran’s Uranium were shipped out of the country.
- Several operational nuclear operations of Iran were brought under international inspection.