RBI Annual Report 2022-23
June 4 , 2023
- The Reserve Bank of India released its annual report for the year 2022-23 recently.
- The report provides information on the RBI’s functioning through the fiscal year as well as the state of the economy.
- RBI’s total income in 2022-23 was ₹2.35 lakh crore.
- It is 47% more than the ₹1.6 lakh crore number for 2021-22.
- RBI will transfer a dividend of ₹87,416.2 crore to the Centre.
- It is more than double the amount transferred in 2021-22.
- Gross NPA as share of total advances has fallen from 15.5% in 2018-19 to 5.8% in the quarter ending December 2022.
- 2022-23 saw 13,530 cases of bank frauds involving an amount of ₹30,252 crore.
- These numbers were 9,097 and ₹59,819 crore in 2021-22.
- Total Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) fell to a three-year low of $46 billion in 2022-23.
- This is 26% lower than the previous fiscal year.
- During 2022-23, headline inflation averaged 6.7%
- In value terms, the share of ₹500 and ₹2000 banknotes together accounted for 87.9% of the total value of banknotes in circulation.
- The value of e-Rupee-Wholesale and e-Rupee-Retail in circulation stood at ₹10.69 crore and ₹5.70 crore, respectively.