RBI Report on Currency and Finance
May 9 , 2023
- The theme of the report is ‘Towards a Greener Cleaner India’.
- The report covers four major dimensions of climate change to assess future challenges to sustainable high growth in India
- The unprecedented scale and pace of climate change;
- Its macroeconomic effects;
- Implications for financial stability and
- Policy options to mitigate climate risks.
- India’s green financing requirement is estimated to be at least 2.5 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) annually till 2030.