June 1 , 2023
- The purpose of the replenishment mechanism is to provide the organization with more flexible funding options.
- The replenishment mechanism aims to address this challenge and ensure greater financial flexibility for WHO.
- This will cover a four-year period from 2025 to 2028.
- Currently, 84% of WHO’s funds are sourced from generous donors.
- Of these funds, specific voluntary contributions comprise 88 per cent of all donations.
- This leaves no room for WHO to be flexible and shift funds as per its requirements.