Selling Agreement and ownership
November 21 , 2023
- An agreement to sell does not confer any title or transfer ownership to the intended purchaser, the Supreme Court reiterated in a recent order.
- The agreement to sell is not a conveyance; it does not transfer ownership rights or confer any title.
- As per the case, the intended purchaser had agreed to buy a property from the proposed seller and also paid the full amount.
- The possession was also handed over to the purchaser. However, when the seller refused to execute it.
- The intended purchaser filed a suit for specific performance in October 2001.