November 11 , 2022
- The Union Education Ministry released the detailed report on Unified District Information System for Education Plus (UDISE+) 2021-22 on school education of India.
- Unified District Information System for Education (UDISE) was initiated in 2012-13.
- UDISE+ is an updated version of UDISE, where the data from the schools is collected online and in real-time.
- UDISE+ was developed by the Department of School Education and Literacy in 2018-19.
- The total enrolment in school education from primary to higher secondary in 2021-22 is 25.57 crore.
- This is a 19.36 lakh increase when compared with the 2020-21 UDISE+ data.
- The total number of enrolment of students belonging to scheduled castes increased from 4.78 Crore in 2020-21 to 4.82 Crore in 2021-22.
- The scheduled tribe enrolment increased from 2.49 crore in 2020-21 to 2.51 crore in 2021-22.
- Enrolment by OBC students also increased from 11.35 crore in 2020-21 to 11.48 crore in 2021-22.
- The performance of GER in higher secondary has significantly improved from 53.8% in 2020-21 to 57.6% in 2021-22.
- The total enrolment of children with special needs in 2021-22 is 22.67 lakh.
- This is a 3.45 per cent increase from the 21.91 lakh in 2020-21.
- In 2021-22, 95.07 lakh teachers are involved in school education. Of these more than half of them are female teachers.
- The total number of teachers have declined by 1.95 per cent in 2021-22, when compared with the 2020-21 figures.
- Highest number of enrolment of students in government schools and recruitment of teachers happened in Uttar Pradesh.
- The Pupil Teacher Ratio in 2021-22 is 26 for primary, 19 for upper primary, 18 for secondary and 27 for higher secondary.
- In 2021-22, around 12.29 crore girls enrolled in primary to higher secondary education.
- This is an increase of 8.19 lakh when compared with the 2020-21 report.
- More than 20,000 schools have been shut down in a year.
- Only 27% of schools have special toilets for CSWN and more than 49% of these schools have ramps with handrails.
- Only 44.85% schools had computer facilities and nearly 34% have internet connectivity.
- Around 77% schools have playground facilities in 2021-22.
- Nearly 27.7% schools had kitchen garden in 2021-22.
- 98 lakh schools (33%) have been certified under Fit India Schools.