March 17 , 2023
- Karnataka is all set to elect its next government in the elections in April-May.
- For this, the Election Commission of India has introduced the Vote-From-Home Option.
- It will be beneficial to those above the age of 80 years and also those who are suffering from any disabilities.
- This is for the first time that the Election Commission is providing this facility to those above the age of 80 years.
- A mobile application 'Saksham' has been introduced through which they can login and choose the facility to vote.
- Another mobile application called, 'Suvidha' has been developed.
- This is an online portal for candidates to file their nomination and affidavits.
- Candidates can use this portal to seek permission for meetings and rallies.