World’s First Cloned Arctic Wolf
September 23 , 2022
- China have successfully cloned wild Arctic Wolf for the first time.
- It aims to prevent the endangered species from going extinct.
- The newly cloned wolf was named Maya, which means good health.
- The donor cell of the wolf came from a skin sample of a wild female Arctic Wolf.
- Its oocyte was obtained from a female dog.
- The Arctic Wolf is also known as white wolf or polar wolf.
- It is native to the High Arctic tundra of Canada’s Queen Elizabeth Islands.
- It is a subspecies of the grey wolf.