World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims – November 20
November 24 , 2022
- It is marked on the third Sunday of November each year (this year on November 20).
- This global event is to memorialise the victims of road traffic accidents, who have died or were seriously injured.
- The 2022 theme for this day is “Justice”.
- India has about 1 per cent of the global vehicle population.
- However, 6 per cent of the world’s road traffic accidents occurred in India only in 2020.
- The Road Peace organisation started the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims in 1993.