- Monster Salary Index survey has been prepared and released by Monster India in collaboration with Paycheck.in with IIM-Ahmedabad as a research partner.
- The survey is titled ‘Women of India Inc’.
- Women in India earn 19% less than their male counterparts and 60% working women in India feel that discrimination at work.
- Sector-wise, IT/ITES services show 26 percent pay gap in favour of men, followed by manufacturing sector, where men earned 24 per cent more than women.
- In healthcare, caring services, and social work men earn 21% more than women, while Banking and Insurance is the only industry where men earn just 2 % more.