‘Kill Switch’ for Cancer Cells
November 20 , 2023
- The Scientists have reportedly discovered a ‘kill switch’ that triggers the death of cancer cells.
- They identified a protein on a receptor that can be designed to kill cancer cells.
- CD95 receptors, also known as Fas, are called death receptors.
- These protein receptors reside on cell membranes.
- When activated, they release a signal that causes the cells to self-destruct.
- As of now, the therapy has shown promising efficacy against liquid cancer, leukaemia and other blood cancers.