September 22 , 2022
- The ninth session of the GB of ITPGRFA was held in the national capital.
- The Governing Body was convened as per Article 19 of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (ITPGRFA).
- It is currently being organized under the theme “Celebrating the Guardians of Crop Diversity: Towards an Inclusive Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework”.
- The meet was originally scheduled to be held in December 2021 but postponed twice, first to May and again to September.
- The eighth session of GB was held in Rome in November 2019.
- The ITPGRFA is a legally binding multilateral agreement signed during the 31st session of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization in Rome in 2001.
- The treaty took effect on June 29, 2004.
- It currently has 149 contracting parties, including India.
- It was created in lines with the Convention on Biological Diversity.