Job creation in Tamilnadu 2022-23
- As many as 14,05,171 jobs were created in Tamil Nadu’s formal sector in Financial Year (FY) 2022-23.
- This is increased up by about 9.4% from 12,84,986 jobs in FY 2021-22.
- In Tamil Nadu, the maximum addition was seen in the age group of 18-21, where 3,76,872 jobs were created in 2022-23.
- In the 22-25 age group, 3,6,8981 jobs were added in 2022-23, followed by 2,44,891 jobs in the more than 35 age brackets.
- In March, the top five States for net member addition were Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Haryana and Gujarat.
- These States together constituted 58.68% of net member addition.
- Tamil Nadu’s share in the overall net addition declined from 10.5% in 2021-22 to 10.1% in 2022-23.