January 25 , 2023
- A rare orange-coloured bat, which is a "near threatened" species, has been spotted in Chhattisgarh.
- The animal, also known as the 'painted bat', is characterised by bright orange and black wings.
- The bright orange-coloured bat was seen for the third time in the last few years in the Kanger Valley National Park located in the Bastar district.
- The national park is famous for its limestone caves which also provide a suitable habitat for bats.
- The painted bat, whose scientific name is 'Kerivoula picta', is a "near threatened" species.
- They commonly seen in Bangladesh, Myanmar, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.