Tamil as compulsory additional language
- The Tamil Nadu Director of Private Schools has announced that students in classes 9 and 10 in all private schools affiliated to various boards.
- This will be applicable to those, who have not opted for Tamil as one of the languages as a part of their respective board exam requirements.
- They will have to be mandatorily taught Tamil as an additional compulsory language in the 2024-25 academic year.
- This Government Order passed based on the Tamil Language Learning Act 2006.
- Syllabus and the exam pattern will be determined by the Director of Private Schools.