The Kashi Tamil Sangamam (KTS)
November 24 , 2022
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated this event in Varanasi.
- It is a month-long event organised by the Union Education Ministry.
- It is to rediscover historical links between Kashi (Varanasi) in Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
- He also released a book ‘Thirukkural’ along with its translation into 13 languages.
- The Prime Minister underlined Tamil Nadu’s contribution to the development of Kashi and recalled that Tamil Nadu-born Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was the Vice Chancellor of Banaras Hindu University.
- The Prime Minister also mentioned the great poet and revolutionary, Subramania Bharathi who lived in Kashi for many years.
- He also announced the chair dedicated to Subramania Bharati in the Banaras Hindu University.