FATF On-Site Review in India
November 20 , 2023
- A Financial Action Task Force (FATF) team is visiting India as part of the process to conduct the country’s mutual evaluations.
- The FATF team is carry out an assessment of anti-money laundering and terror financing measures taken by the country.
- FATF comprises 39 members and sets international standards to prevent illegal activities, including drugs, human trafficking and other crimes.
- FATF has two types of lists viz. Grey List and Black List.
- Myanmar, Iran, and North Korea are on its 'Black List'.