- French artist Claude Monet’s 1890 artwork “Mueles” was sold for a record-breaking price of $110.7 million.
- It is regarded as one of the finest examples from Monet’s acclaimed ‘Haystacks’ series of paintings.
- Mueles became the first work of an Impressionist Art to be sold for over $100 million (Rs. 778 Crores) at an auction.
- Impressionism is a style of painting associated mainly with French artists of the late nineteenth century.
- Impressionist painting seeks to re-create the artist’s or viewer’s general impression of a scene.